Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

Tim Dunlop, revise your history

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat the class:

And this bit about Austria was also great:

When I was a boy, the Soviets occupied part of Austria. I saw their tanks in the streets. I saw communism with my own eyes. I remember the fear we had when we had to cross into the Soviet sector. Growing up, we were told, "Don't look the soldiers in the eye. Look straight ahead."


Um, actually, Arnold. They were there as part of the liberation force. The tanks were there to get rid of the Nazis. And yet still you were scared and concerned? Now you know how the Iraqis are feeling.

Um, Tim? Schwarzenegger was born after Germany surrendered, by a couple of years.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?